MCAP Online Plus 4 Rural Alberta
Communicate2Integrate is working with key stakeholders to revise MCAP Online to meet the existing needs of International Medical Doctors working in or seeking to enter the Alberta healthcare system. The purpose of this initiative is to expose IMGs to rural medicine and to provide them with the tools and resources to successfully integrate. The existing modules have been updated and two new modules will be launched in April.
The updated version of MCAP Online is being piloted with a select group of 20 IMGs. Participants are either those currently working within the healthcare system or seeking licensure. Following the modules, participants will complete a work placement in rural Alberta. Finally, the revised online program will be accountably evaluated for its effectiveness and a sustainability plan will be developed with key stakeholders.
(2 Face2Face Days)
March & April
New Intake for MCAP Online Plus for Rural Alberta
Program runs from July 15th to December 22nd and includes 8 online modules, a two-day OSCE preparation course (in August), and a 100-hour work placement in a rural community.
We are accepting applications from IMGs that are seeking support to enhance their understanding of patient-centred care, communication skills, and cultural competence to work effectively in the Canadian healthcare system. A total of 20 seats have been funded by the Government of Alberta. This means for those selected to participate, there will be no cost to them personally; however, they will be required to fulfill the program’s requirements.
Applicants can be any of the following:
- IMGs working with a limited license
- IMGs accepted into the PRA program
- IMGs seeking licensure who have successfully passed the MCCEE
Preference will be given to applicants who have been in Canada less than five years and have an interest in working in a rural community.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR APPLICANTS
|Application Deadline:||June 12|
|Online Interviews:||June 15-17|
|Notification of selected participants:||June 20|
|Program Orientation:||Early July (TBA)|
|Program Start Date:||July 15|
To submit your application:
- Click here to register your username, email, and password for your C2I account.
- Once you have registered, you will receive an email to activate your account. Click on the link provided in the email to complete your application.
- Review the form in advance prior to filling it out by clicking on the tabs.
- Fill out the information requested. Please ensure that you click Save Changes before moving to the next tab. Continue through all the tabs until you have completed the application form. You can close the form and return to it if needed prior to clicking Submit. Remember to save any new information added as you move from tab to tab.
- When ready, click Submit to send your file for review. The deadline for applications is June 12th. After clicking Submit a message should appear that states your file has been sent.
This initiative has been made possible with funding from the Government of Alberta.
Communicate2Integrate is pleased to work in collaboration with the Rural Physician Action Plan (RPAP).